- General. This policy covers how BTCF treats personal information that BTCF collects and receives.
- Companies Not Controlled. This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that BTCF does not own or control, or to people that BTCF does not employ or manage.
2. Information Collection and Use
- Collection. BTCF collects personal information when you submit grant recommen.dations, grant applications, scholarship applications, event registrations and donations over the Internet with BTCF. BTCF uses a third.party module to process credit card transactions; BTCF does not store credit card information.
- IP Address and Cookies. BTCF automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, BTCF cookie information, and the page you request.
- Use. BTCF uses information for the following general purposes: to receive your grant recommendations, grant applications, scholarship applications, event registrations and donations, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external entities.
- Email. If at any time you wish to stop receiving Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation’s electronic newsletters or other communications, or to be removed from our email list, you may unsubscribe from that list as explained in each message. Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation does not sell or otherwise provide your email addresses to third parties for mass mailings; however, we may occasionally send you mailings regarding events, products or services offered by reputable third parties if we think they may be of interest to you. In such circumstances, we do not provide the third party with your email address, but rather send the mailing ourselves.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Sharing of Personal Information. BTCF does not share personal information about you collected through this web site with nonaffiliated third parties except (i) to provide the services you've requested, (ii) when we have your permission, or (iii) under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners, employees and volunteers who work on behalf of or with BTCF to assist them in executing their responsibility. BTCF’s auditors, legal counsel and other contractors are authorized to review BTCF records as required for the purposes for which they are engaged;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- BTCF does not rent or sell personal information collected on this website to any outside organization or person(s).
- Rights Reserved. BTCF may set and access cookies on your computer. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. For example, if you personalize a web page, or navigate within a site, a cookie helps the site to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of delivering relevant content, eases site navigation, and so on. When you return to the website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the site's features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of this or other websites you visit.
- Web Beacons. BTCF may use electronic images known as web beacons . sometimes called single.pixel gifs . to access cookies inside and outside our network of websites and in connection with BTCF services. Web beacons allow BTCF to count users who have visited those pages.
- Updates to the Policy. BTCF may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a prominent notice on our site. Your continued use of the service constitutes your agreement to this privacy statement and any updates.