Donor Advised Funds
You can support your most cherished towns, schools and nonprofits…here or anywhere in the country.
A donor advised fund at BTCF is simple to establish and operate, allowing you to easily manage your giving without the burden of running a private foundation. BTCF handles all the investment, administrative and grantmaking work and complies with IRS guidelines.
Minimum to open a donor advised fund: $10,000 non-endowed, $25,000 endowed.
- Make contributions to the fund & recommend grants whenever you wish
- Suggest the charities you want to benefit
- Receive an immediate charitable income tax deduction whenever you adds assets
- Track your grants with 24/7 online access through Donor Central [PDF, 279 KB]
- No minimum distribution requirement (unlike private foundations, which are required to distribute 5% of their assets annually)
- Let the fund grow until you are ready to recommend grants
- Name children or other family members as advisors to carry on a tradition of family giving
- After the passing of the last fund advisor, donor advised funds retain their name and preserve your legacy as field of interest funds that honor and support your favorite causes forever or can help support the Community Fund, addressing a broad range of needs
- Our skilled Investment Committee is devoted to providing your fund with the best investment options
Sample Donor Advised Fund Agreement [PDF, 112KB]