About HousingUsHousingUs is a collaborative effort of nonprofit organizations and community leaders to promote broad–based affordable housing options in towns throughout the northwest corner of CT, northeast Dutchess and Columbia Counties in NY and southern Berkshire County MA.
The mission of HousingUs is to dramatically increase the rate of affordable housing development in the rural communities of the tri-state region. HousingUs advances this mission by working in tandem with local communities to:
HousingUs is governed by an advisory board that includes highly motivated local community representatives and professionals from each of the three states who are dedicated to the goal of creating affordable housing. HousingUs is an outgrowth of the Tri Corner Alliance, an initiative of Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation, that has been working to create more housing for seniors and working families since 2002. It was renamed HousingUs in 2010 and launched a large public awareness campaign initiated by Winterhouse Institute with the support of a grant from the Sappi “ideas that Matter” Program.
Current Board members include:
- Michael Citrin, Chair, Sheffield Housing Commission
- Tim Geller, Executive Director, CDC of South Berkshire
- Eileen Halloran, BTCF Board Member
- Diane Monti-Catania, Reverend, Congregational Church of Salisbury, UCC
- Ed Murphy, Executive Director of Hudson River Housing
- Holly Nelson, BTCF Board Member
- David Rich, Executive Director of Supportive Housing Works
- Mollye Wolahan, Deputy Director-Housing, Women’s Institute for Housing & Economic Development
For more information, contact Jocelyn Ayer, of HousingUs, at 413.229.0370 x105 or email@example.com