AboutSince 1987, we have strengthened communities through philanthropy and leadership. We channel generosity where it is needed, bringing together resources and passion to tackle our region’s most pressing issues and create lasting change.
Here to help
What is a Community Foundation?
- We are a public charity improving our region by encouraging philanthropy, pooling and investing resources, addressing urgent needs, and supporting individuals and nonprofits through grants and scholarships.
- We provide a variety of giving options, investment management and back-office strength to help make giving easy and grantmaking transformative.
The Region We Serve
Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation serves Berkshire, Columbia, northeast Dutchess and northwest Litchfield counties. This unique area where New York, Connecticut and Massachusetts meet contains 2,200 square miles of natural beauty and small-town charm that is home to nearly 230,000 people.
Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation was established in 1987 in Salisbury, Conn., with an anonymous donation of $100,000. Originally an affiliate of the New York Community Trust, the foundation became an independent public charity in 1990. Today, BTCF manages more than 550 funds that put over $14 million into action each year.
Whatever your passions, we have giving options for you.
Local & Regional Philanthropy
Our regional network of area funds provides hands-on leadership for the foundation’s activities
Strengthening communities through philanthropy and leadership.
All residents have opportunity for economic mobility and a high quality of life.
- Impact: Striving to make a measurable difference in all of our work
- Innovation: Valuing experimentation and risk-taking to achieve impact
- Inspiring generosity: Motivating people to give back to their communities
- Equity: Being inclusive and working toward fundamental fairness in communities
- Excellence: Holding ourselves accountable for high-quality work