Three Steps for Your Application
STEP 1: Review eligibility, guidelines and deadlines
- BTCF funds that make competitive grants have individual guidelines for eligibility, application and deadlines for submission of proposals.
- Most of our funds accept applications only at certain times of the year. A few have rolling deadlines.
STEP 2: Create an account, or log in to your account
- Visit our online grants portal.
- If this is your first time applying for a Berkshire Taconic grant, click the Create New Account button and enter an email address and password to be used for all your submissions. Berkshire Taconic will send all information related to your application to this email address.
STEP 3: Complete our online grant application
- Once you are logged in, click the Apply link at the top of our portal to view all applications.
- Scroll down to find your grant opportunity. Click the Preview button if you would like to view the application questions. Click the Apply button to begin your application.
- Most applications do not open until approximately six weeks before the deadline. If you do not see your grant opportunity, please check back or email Grants Associate Caitlin Healy.
- Submit your application by the deadline. Decisions are typically made within 6-8 weeks.
Your grant application will be reviewed by the fund advisory committee, and the committee’s recommendations will be reviewed by BTCF's board of directors. During this process, our staff may contact you for more information. You will be notified by email if your organization received funding. Reporting requirements will be in your award notification.
“I am so grateful for this grant. It has already had an impact on my career, and that momentum will continue.”
- Chalice Mitchell, A.R.T. Fund grantee
Grant Application Frequently Asked Questions
After you have logged into our online grants portal, click the Apply link at the top of the page. This will take you to the list of grant opportunities currently accepting applications.
If you can’t find an application here, its deadline may have already passed, or it might not have opened yet. Most of our applications appear online six weeks prior to the deadline.
Yes. Our online grants portal allows you to start multiple applications to the funds for which you want your proposal to be considered. It is not possible to submit the same proposal to multiple funds.
The majority of our grant applications are only available online. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
No. At the bottom of the application is a Save As Draft button. We recommend you save your application often and before logging out. You can log in at a later time to continue working on your application. We recommend that you cut and paste your application answers after each question into a document on your computer to save as backup.
All applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Eastern on the day of the deadline. You will not be able to submit your application after that.
Yes. We suggest that you ask someone to review your application before submission. Do they understand the project or request?
Log in to our online grants portal and choose the Application Packet link. This will create a PDF of your application. You can print or save this document. You will always have access to your application by logging in to the portal, even after you submit it.
We prefer that you attach files in a PDF format (.pdf). We will also accept files in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or Excel (.xls or .xlsx).
You should give each file a name that identifies your organization and the type of required document it represents. For example, a file representing your budget for the previous fiscal year could be named “OrgName-budget FY2012”. Do not use any symbols except for a period or a dash, as symbols can interfere with the upload process.
The maximum size for all attachments varies. If your attachment is larger than the allotted space, please email email@example.com or call 413.229.0370.