WHO CAN APPLY
Nonprofit organizations to purchase, exhibit or commission work by mature (aged 35 and older), mid-career New England, or Columbia or Northeast Dutchess Counties, NY visual artists.
Log in to our SlideRoom portal, which allows artists to easily upload samples of their work. For technical questions regarding the portal and how to complete your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 413.229.0370.
Artist’s Resource Trust was established in 1996 to provide support to the creative work of mid-career (aged 35 and older) visual artists who have demonstrated substantial commitment, development and quality in their work. ART’s focus is on visual artists who live in New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT) and in the towns in NY that are part of Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation’s catchment area as of 2015.
A.R.T. provides funds annually for New England, and Columbia and Northeast Dutchess Counties, NY nonprofit organizations for the commission, purchase or engagement of mid-career artists meeting the above geographic criteria.
To apply an institution must:
- Do business within the geographic scope of the A.R.T. Fund
- Include an artist(s) that fulfill the guidelines of the A.R.T. Fund although financial need is not a consideration
- Have let two years lapse from receiving a prior A.R.T. grant
Grants awarded generally range from $1,500 to $7,000 and should be matched 1:1 with cash.
Applicants will be informed of Berkshire Taconic’s decision by December 31. A report is requested of each recipient within one year.
Applications will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- The primary criterion for the selection of an organization is the quality of the proposed artist's work as evidenced by the images submitted
- Quality and clarity of curatorial vision/direction
- The potential impact of this grant on the institution, the artist and the community
Berkshire, Columbia, Northeast Dutchess, Northwest Litchfield
Up to $7,000
How To Apply
Create an account for our new SlideRoom portal, which allows artists to easily upload samples of their work.