WHO CAN APPLY
Nonprofit organizations serving one or more communities of the Berkshire Taconic region
The Crane Family Fund was established at Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation in 2008. The fund’s mission is to support projects that demonstrate innovation in the intersection of environmental quality and community health and well-being.
Proposals are considered for environmental projects of nonprofit organizations that meet the fund’s mission. Special consideration will be given to programs located in Berkshire County, projects or organizations that have been operational for less than 5 years, and new applicants to the Crane Family Fund.
The fund advisors are particularly interested in programs that connect at-risk and low-income youth to the environment.
Berkshire Taconic does not support organizations which in their constitution, by-laws, or practice, discriminate against a person or group on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief.
Grants will range from $1,000 to $4,000.
Applications will be reviewed using the following criteria:
- How well this project aligns with the fund mission of supporting projects that demonstrate innovation in the intersection of environmental quality and community health and well-being.
- Extent to which this project connects low-income and at-risk youth to the environment
- The short-term impact on the target community.
- The long-term impact on the target community.
- The benefit to the broader community (sometimes this will be the same as the target community).
- The probability of the project working out as planned.
Applications will be reviewed by the anonymous fund advisors. Their recommendations will be reviewed by Berkshire Taconic's board of directors.
Berkshire, Columbia, Northeast Dutchess, Northwest Litchfield
Up to $4,000
How To Apply
Click the apply button below to visit our application portal.