WHO CAN APPLY
Nonprofit organizations and public school districts serving residents of Pittsfield and Northern Berkshire County.
The Greylock ABC Fund was established at Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation following the dissolution of the Greylock ABC (A Better Chance) organization. The fund’s mission is to support the educational development of students of color and/or students of low socioeconomic status in grades pre-K through 12 (and their families) so that these students may have access to opportunities, attend college, and become leaders in the broader community. This fund also supports multicultural education in schools to the benefit of all demographic groups.
Proposals are considered for projects of nonprofit organizations and public school districts that meet the fund’s mission.
The fund will support two general categories of programs for students in pre-kindergarten and K-12 public schools in Northern Berkshire County and Pittsfield: multicultural education and/or academic preparation. The latter program type must benefit students of color and/or students of low socioeconomic status including but not limited to:
- Child development and learning programs for early/elementary and middle school students
- Tutoring and mentoring
- College Preparation
Berkshire Taconic does not support organizations, which in their constitution, by-laws, or practice discriminate against a person or group on the basis of age, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or religious belief.
Grants will range up to $7,500.
Applications will be reviewed using the following criteria:
- Alignment: How well this project aligns with the fund mission.
- Community Impact: What is the potential impact of the project or service? What needs does it address?
- Population served: Priority will be given to projects serving marginalized, underserved and under-resourced populations, particularly individuals of color and low socio-economic status.
- Caliber: Is the proposal well-conceived? Does it involve individuals or organizations with relevant experience? Is it cost effective?
- Feasibility: Can the applicant demonstrate the capacity to initiate and successfully complete the project? Will there be appropriate staff members or volunteers involved?
Applications will be reviewed by the Greylock ABC Fund committee. Their recommendations will be reviewed by Berkshire Taconic's board of directors.
Up to $7,500
How To Apply
Click the apply button below to visit our application portal.