WHO CAN APPLY
Residents of northwest Litchfield County, Conn., northeast Dutchess County, N.Y., or southeast Columbia County, N.Y., who plan to undertake education or training in a health care or medical field (nursing, EMT, physical therapy, counseling, etc.) and to seek employment in their community afterwards. Non-residents working in the area may also apply.
Applicants must be either:
- Residents of northeast Dutchess (Amenia, Dover Plains, Millbrook, Millerton, North East, Stanfordville, Pine Plains, Wassaic and Wingdale), northwest Litchfield (Cornwall, Falls Village, Kent, North Canaan, Sharon, Salisbury) and southeast Columbia (Ancram, Ancramdale and Copake) counties who are working or intend to work in a health care facility either in the area or close to the area
- Not a resident of, but working in a health care facility that serves the catchment area
Awards generally range between $1,000 to $4,000.
The committee will review requests for scholarships according to the following criteria:
- Impact of funding on the applicant’s ability to attain a health care qualification
- Ability of the applicant to move forward in his/her career through attainment of a health care qualification
- Preference may be given to students who are going to school while taking care of dependent family members
- Preference may be given to students who are attending schools in northwest Connecticut or Dutchess County
Applications will be reviewed by the Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation Scholarship Committee. Their recommendations will be reviewed by Berkshire Taconic’s board of directors.
NOTE: The Salisbury Rotary Foundation (PO Box 287, Salisbury, CT 06068) also offers health care scholarships for residents of northeast Dutchess and northwest Litchfield counties. We encourage you to also contact this organization for support.
The Deadline to Apply for the Tabor Foundation Fund is June 15.