WHO CAN APPLY
The Fund for Columbia County welcomes applications for funding from community groups that are in the process of becoming a nonprofit organization or that have recently received nonprofit status. A nonprofit organization is defined as being recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a charitable 501(c)(3) entity.
Examples of funded items include but are not limited to:
- Legal fees
- Programming costs
- Equipment and software
- Website development and hosting
- Initial costs of program space
- Outreach/marketing costs
A group or nonprofit may receive funding from this grant process one time only.
Once legal charitable status is obtained, organizations are invited to apply to the annual Fund for Columbia County grant cycles: Grants for Community Impact and Grants for Aging with Dignity.
The fund will award up to $10,000 on a rolling basis until all funding is expended. Grants will generally range from $500 to $1,500.
Please send a letter of request and project budget to firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter should include the following:
- a mission statement that addresses the community need of the project, who will be served and what towns will be served
- a list of board/committee members
- an indication of where the group is in the process of becoming a 501(c)(3)
- a description of the items requested
- identification of a fiscal sponsor (a nonprofit who can receive funding on your behalf). If your organization is not currently in a relationship with a fiscal sponsor, email email@example.com for more information on how you may become eligible.
ADDITIONAL FUND FOR COLUMBIA COUNTY GRANT OPPORTUNITIES
Berkshire Taconic established the Fund for Columbia County in 1999 to help strengthen communities and improve the quality of life for the residents of Columbia County, N.Y.
Nonprofit capacity building
Up to $1,500
Rolling until all funds are expended
How To Apply
Send a letter of request and a project budget by email to firstname.lastname@example.org