WHO CAN APPLY
The Fund for Columbia County welcomes applications for funding from community groups that are in the process of becoming a nonprofit organization. A nonprofit organization is defined as being recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a charitable 501(c)(3) entity.
Examples of funded items include but are not limited to:
- Legal fees
- Programming costs
- Equipment and software
- Website development and hosting
- Initial costs of program space
- Outreach/marketing costs
The fund will award up to $10,000 on a rolling basis until all funding is expended. Grants will generally range from $500 to $1,500.
Please send a letter of request and project budget to firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter should include the following:
- a mission statement that addresses the community need of the project, who will be served and what towns will be served
- a list of board/committee members
- an indication of where the group is in the process of becoming a 501(c)(3)
- a description of the items requested
- identification of a fiscal sponsor (a nonprofit who can receive funding on your behalf). If your organization is not currently in a relationship with a fiscal sponsor, email email@example.com for more information on how you may become eligible.
Nonprofit capacity building
Up to $1,500
Rolling until all funds are expended
How To Apply
Send a letter of request and a project budget by email to firstname.lastname@example.org